Breaking News

Football Match Abandoned After Masked Pitch Invader Attacked Goalkeeper and Issue Bomb Threats

A top-flight match in Sweden had to be abandoned when the goalkeeper for Ostersund was attacked by a masked intruder.


football-invader-1
A shocking report which has gone viral online has revealed that a pitch invader attacked a goalkeeper, Aly Keita and issued bomb threats during a Swedish league football match between Joenkoepings Soedra and Oestersunds FK on Monday night.
It was learnt that the football game which was 1-1 at the time, had to be abandoned at the final minute after the invader who was pictured wearing a mask and later revealed to be a 17-year-old boy, attacked Ostersunds goalkeeper from behind, beat him up before he was arrested by police and stadium security officials.

The masked man invades the pitch. (Photo: Mikael Fritzon/TT/EPA)
Keita later confirmed he had been struck in the temple, saying: “I am shocked and angry. It is awful that something like this could happen. I just saw that someone was behind me. I ran and then stopped because I thought he was gone.
“Then I was in shock and didn’t understand what had happened. I didn’t hear him say anything. It issad that someone can do something like that and ruin an evening. It is a sad day for football. But football is bigger than these idiots.
“I was a bit dizzy but now I am fine. I am going with the rest of the team to the hotel and go to bed. The police asked if I wanted to go to hospital but I don’t like hospitals,” he told Aftonbladet.
Peter Nordengard who is the Jonkoping police commander revealed how the attacker also claimed he had left a bomb at the stands: ‘He is under arrest, we have informed the prosecutor of the arrest and interviews will be conducted with him about the suspected breaches of the law.’
He added that a search of the stadium revealed no evidence of the bomb the young culprit claimed had been left in the stands.


Watch the video below;

No comments